Italian Architectural Studios presented through their best Italian EXHIBITION DESIGN projects.
The BEST ITALIAN SELECTION Series, after the 2018 success with Volume 1 dedicated to Interior Design, grows with the new exclusive publishing initiative of Publicomm, the publishing house behind PLATFORM, designed to give global visibility to Italian architects and interior designers. The goal is to collect the 100 best Exhibition Design projects (museum installations, stands, exhibitions, pavilions, events, etc.) created both in Italy and abroad.
PRESENTATION AND PROMOTION
The prestigious volume will be officially presented in June 2019 during an event in Venice in the presence of developers and authorities from the world of architecture and design, at which an exhibition will be staged featuring the 100 selected projects. There will be promotional activities and a high level of visibility in the media and on international circuits.
– on the Italian Museums bookshop circuit
– in leading bookshops dedicated to architecture throughout Italy
– at the leading sector trade shows
– during the Milan Archmarathon Awards (October 2020)
– during the Miami Archmarathon Awards (November 2019)
– on sale in digital stores (Amazon, Platform digital bookshop)
PROSPECTIVE PROJECT CANDIDATES
Studios can register one or more projects by uploading them to our web platform. The projects must have been built and completed during the 2016-2018 three-year period, either in Italy or abroad.
It is an essential requirement that either the designer is Italian or the design team has been founded or directed by Italian professionals. Material required for evaluation: 10 low-res images, descriptive text with an information sheet of max 1200 characters. Candidature for the project selection process is free.
The selection of projects will take place in two phases: 1st phase: self-registering of the projects through uploading onto a web platform visible only to organizing staff. Closing date for registering projects is 13th May 2019. 2nd phase: the 100 best projects from those registered will be chosen by a jury of Luca Molinari, architecture critic and Platform magazine Editorial Director, Simona Finessi, Platform Editor and Ceo of the Publicomm publishing house and Angelo Dadda, Platform magazine Creative Director and Publicomm President. Selection results will be announced privately by 24th May 2019.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Participating studios will receive no technical costs regarding selection, layout and editorial services. In addition each studio will be required to accept the registration rules and regulations in order to assist with the costs of printing, shipping, promotion and distribution of the volume. These rules are as follows:
• pre-sales acquisition of n. 30 volumes at a cost of €50,00 per volume;
• ending of material for publication by 6th June 2019 and in the required formats (.doc with a maximum of 1,200 characters with a description of the project in Italian and English + .doc with a maximum of 1,200 characters featuring a biography of the studio in Italian and English + studio portrait photo + 12-15 hi res photos in jpeg 300 dpi format).
TECHNICAL FEATURES OF THE VOLUME
416 colour pages
Uncoated eco extrawhite paper
Fine hardback cover
BLUE Pantone 801 Fluo dust jacket
Dry embossing and matt lamination